Friday, October 21, 2005

How is it possible...

that my Friday could be SO crappy before 8:30 am? Let me just tell you... i HATE freaking spiders!! Yes, I know that I am bigger than them... but they are evil. I've found 2 of them in my room this week as I was trying to get out of the house for work and if anyone has witnessed the routine I have to kill these stupid things... you'll understand why I was 30 minutes late for work each of those mornings!!! So this morning, it was above my bed and that just doesn't work for me so I go to the kitchen to get my swiffer, reach for paper towels (we're out, so i figure I'll grab toilet paper on the way back to my room), reach for the RAID under the sink... tons of ants crawling on the counter, dishwasher, cabinets... LOVELY!! Cuz that's exactly what I needed this morning. SO... I rush to the bathroom to get a roll of toilet paper to start smashing ants. Once that task was completed, I create my little spider-killing machine with the last few drop of Raid. I head to my room where the spider has now started on his escape route, however, still over my bed. I put the Raid covered-toilet paper-attached to the swiffer machine up to the ceiling and miss! DANG IT! I finally get it flat and hold it there for awhile, allowing the Raid to work it's deathly magic and slowly bring it down and the STUPID falls on my bed and starts crawling!!! UGH!!! I frantically run to the bathroom, grab some toilet paper and rush back to my bed to grab the scary monster and rush back to the toilet to ensure it swims somewhere FAR, FAR away from my house!!! So once my heart stopped pounding, all the rodents were killed, I went on my merry way to work. Relief... the day can start, it's Friday, the sun is shining and I hear a text message coming in. Oooh, maybe it's work, and they want to know what kind of Starbucks I want... :-)

NO. It's the horrid news that the CHIEFS are playing tonight and not Sunday... completely crushing my hopes of watching a Chiefs game WITH my family while I'm in KS next week!! I leave tomorrow for goodness sake!! It was one of the top things on my list that I was looking forward to... cheering them on, talking football, watching it on the big screen with people that LOVE them as much as I do!!! And now my heart is broken and life sucks. They're not even showing it nationally... just in Kansas and South Florida. DANG IT!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacie - I know it might have been one bad morning, but you made mine! I can sooooo picture you doing exactly what you were! I know it stressed you out, but whoa---the laugh I had! By the way --- Way to Go Chiefs!

Jessica

SUPER said...

Spiders suck! Unfortunately, so did the Broncos final 10 seconds yesterday! DANG IT!

Anonymous said...

Hey stace! Guess what? I watch football now! One of the things in my life that changed when I moved to Boise. I had an email come back, did it change? Love you!