Whaddup! Life is good in Kansas!! In fact, the "hick" in Lily is coming out... it was REALLY deep down, but I knew it was there!!!! She proved as she "got'er done" and kicked my butt in washers... a.k.a. redneck bowling!! She's learning the lingo and has finally quit asking "how long does it take to get there?" She has finally grasped the fact that she runs races longer than the length of our town!! She's adapting well!!
We've been doing a whole lotta nothing... but it's been a nice break from the hustle-n-bustle of our normal lives back in P-town! Our adventure started last Saturday when we arrived in KS & my folks picked us up at the airport around 3:30pm. We met up with my sister Tiffany and brother-n-law Mark, for a mid-afternoon dinner and then headed west on to I-70 for our next stop in Salina, KS. We got there around 8:30pm and stopped at my brother Matt's house and chilled with his family, Steph and my 2 nephews Ethan and Seth! It was past their bedtime, and getting close to ours so we didn't stay long before fueling up with some ice cream and finishing the last 90 minutes to good 'ole Hays, KS! Sunday was pretty chill. We went to church, watched some football, headed to the pumpkin patch with Mr. Jordan and chilled at the house! Exciting stuff... I'm sure Lily was overwhelmed! Mom and Krisson had Monday and Tuesday off so we all hung out... visiting The Mall, Taco Shop and getting atleast 1 snowball daily!
Lily and I have managed to get out and run each morning while getting a touring the big city of Hays at the same time. Monday we ran up towards the golf course and Country Club where all the rich folk live. Tuesday we drove out to Gross Coliseum and then ran along the dike, showing Lily some of my favorite spots... such as the buffalo, the park where the oh-so famous Oktoberfest occurs, Larks Park (baseball field) and the legendary "right field", the stepping stones, and then of course, we had to run thru the campus and by my favorite landmarks... Lewis Field (football field) and ending at Gross (where I spent my weekends watching volleyball and basketball)!! Everywhere we go there's a story to tell and no matter where we go, we run into someone I know!! Hays seems even smaller than when I left!!
Wednesday we had Jordan to ourselves and headed to Gma & Gpa's house for lunch! We chilled there for a couple hours. Gpa busted out the Hawaii photos from his glory days in the Coast Guard, so Lily and him chatted for quite some time! Then Lil and I took Jordan on a walk down to the campus thru the quad and by the AGD house and just enjoyed the beautiful weather! It has been SO nice this week!! (Yeah, thank you Lord!) Wed. night we headed to the Q for some pool and good 'ole corn nuggets and ended the night with an exciting game of Chicken Feet (dominoes)!! Well, that's how my family ended the night... Lily and I manage to watch several old skool episodes of Law & Order on the big screen before calling it a night... some things will never change!!
Today is Thursday, and Lily and I ran to my Gma & Gpa's house. Never thought that day would happen!! Gma's house used to be SO FAR away... I mean, come on... it's ALL the way across town. Now that I run... it's less than a 5K!! Crazy!! We picked up some tennis rackets and then headed to the park to play tennis for a few hours!! It's something we've always wanted to do back in P-town, but haven't gotten around to doing it!! Success... well, sort of. We suck. But we had fun, dang it! Mom and Krisson picked us up at the courts and it was back to the Taco Shop with Gma & Gpa. We're just chilling this afternoon and I believe bowling is in the plans for tonight and a stop at the new brewery to see what this KS brew is all about! I think Lily and I are spoiled by all the Pacific NW breweries, but we'll see!!
Well, I hear my nephew so naptime must be over, which means it's playtime!! I'll be posting again before we head back to give ya the scoop on the last few days of our trip and I have a ton of pics... but can't get them uploaded on my folks computer, so you'll have to check back next week for the photos!! Til next time... peace out!!
1 comment:
Too funny. How did I KNOW you'd hit Taco Shop and Cerv's for a snowball?! You're a riot!
Post a Comment