So much for getting another post in before heading back to P-town! Sorry! The last few days of our trip flew by!! Thursday night we planned on going bowling, but we were shut down b/c Fort Hays's lanes in the basement of the Union were torn out during the summer and all of the lanes were booked for the place on Vine. Am I just not up on bowling... since when do you have to place reservations?? Well, I think we ended up playing games at the house and just chilled, which was fine!
Friday morning was another early one as I got up to chill with Mr. Jordan. Lily and I took him on an exciting adventure to the new coffee shop downtown and then headed to Mom & Krisson's office to say HI to all the girls! Tiff, Steph and Ethan and Seth arrived that afternoon and the craziness began!! 3 boys running or scooting around, constant noise, sippy cups and toys EVERYWHERE... it was the most wonderful, chaotic madness I could ever dream of!! Nephews are fun!! And all the siblings aren't that bad either!! :-) It's funny, I don't feel like I've gotten any older. I've been out here for 6 yrs. and it feels like life has hardly passed by... then I go home and realize that every single sibling has gotten married, and now I have 3 adorable nephews. Out of all my college friends... there's 2 of us left with no hubby or kids. Crazy.
Anyway, Friday night we chilled at the house with the fam. My oldest brother Matt showed up later that night and we hung out and when everyone wimped out and went to bed, Lily and I met up with my girls at the Q and then headed over to the HPC... that's right, the Home Party Club!!! It wasn't too bad of a crowd for a Friday, which was surprising. It was more like a FHSU mid-90's reunion... with the FHSU baseball team and then us girls. It was actually pretty fun!! It was neat to see how much folks had changed... or hadn't changed!!
Saturday was filled with more nephew-watching. We didn't end up getting to go to the FHSU football game, which was a bummer, but we did head to the park to see the "Big Animals" (Buffalo) and roll down the dike, swing and play in the leaves for awhile. And this worked out well for me, b/c I could hear the football game... which we lost miserably. Surprise, surprise! We headed back to the house for more Washers, Chris cooked up some Beer Butt Chicken, some board games and b-day cake for Matt & Steph!! Lily and I also jetted out for about an hour to stop by Alison's and head out to Jill & Bill's reception. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I got to see all my girls in July at Molly's wedding, so family was my top priority this trip!!! But I couldn't miss seeing Jill all beautiful in her wedding dress and I had to see Megan, Jay, Amy & Wes!!!
Sunday was church and a big family dinner and then the dreaded wind-down. The last minute packing, photo shoots and the millions of good-byes as everyone heads back on to I-70 to their final destination!! Tiff, Lil and I were the last to go. We stopped at Cervs for 1 more snowball and we were off!!
It was a great trip!! I'm sure Lily could imagine a million other places that she'd want to spend a week vacation, but I'm so grateful that she was willing to experience Hays, KS. As much as I love being in the city, I wouldn't trade growing up in Hays for anything. It's nice running into someone you know everywhere you go... and I mean EVERYWHERE!! And although Oregon has to be the most beautiful state in the continental US... KS definitely has it's own beauty.
SO... pictures will be coming very soon!! And don't worry... I won't bore you with all of the 500+ that I took!! But you will see quite a few by the end of the week!!! Have a great week everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment