Friday, July 28, 2006

Day at the office


So in the midst of my little scavenger hunt, I brought Alex into work with me on Thursday! Her mom said it was okay for her to miss a day at camp, so I picked her up in the morning and we stopped by Freddy's for a donut and Starbucks (the Strawberry Frap, no coffee!). She came into work and listened in on my phone calls and watched me enter orders. She helped one of my co-workers out with some of his filing and I even let her enter one of my return authorizations! We headed to lunch around 1pm and grabbed some pizza at Rocco's. She was pretty impressed with how BIG the pizza slices were, and couldn't wait to tell her mom! After we ate, we walked downtown to Pioneer Place and walked around a bit and then headed back to the office to grab our things. I dropped her off back at camp, and walked her in just to make sure she got to where she needed to be. As we walked up the stairs to the Rec, I heard my name being screamed from one of the rooms and saw a few kids I knew and Alex's older sister, Alicia, who's working there this summer! I said goodbye to Alex and peaked in to the other room so I could say HI to Alicia and say congrats for H.S. graduation and I got bombarded with hugs. There were probably 9-10 kids in there that I either taught in children's church or work with in Literacy Club!! It warmed my heart and I think I'lll be ready for the school year to begin!!

Here's a few pics from Alex and I's lunchtime adventure...

No comments: