
YEAH!!! Lily made it back to Ptown!!! And it was a packed weekend, starting the minute she stepped off the plane!!! She flew in Thursday night around 7:30pm and we met up with Ana at the Rock over in Vancouver, for some pizza and yummy madness in a bucket!! :-) It was good times!!! After dinner, Ana had to get back to her girls at the house, so Lily and I headed over to my crib, dropped her stuff off and took a little walk thru my neighborhood.
Friday morning we got up with the intention of going on a long run in preparation for our 10K race (6.2 mi) on Sunday. I had never run more than 5 consecutive miles up to that point, so it was going to be my practice run. Well, Lil's calculations were a little off and after running for about 5.5-6 miles, we were pretty tired and a good 5.5-6 miles from home! So we made it into an adventure, like we usually do, and headed across the Sellwood bridge and headed towards downtown on the opposite side of the river this time. We did a little combo of running and walking and eventually made it to my work to say HI to the DM crew. And believe it or not, we still had 2 more miles to go!!! So we grabbed a coffee, and started the hike home. Overall, it was about a 12 mile adventure. So much for a 1oK practice run... altho, I now have a new confidence to attempt a 1/2 marathon (13 mi)!!! LOL!!! Friday afternoon after our run is a blur... but I do know that we met up with Vickie, her boyfriend Jeremiah and her daughter Leilani for dinner! And then Lil and I headed to the Pearl for a few beers before calling it a night.
Saturday, we got up early and grabbed a coffee at the little coffee shop next to my house. Then we headed down to the Spaghetti factory to pick up our race packet, then off to North Portland to grab a waffle at the best little waffle shack EVER!!! You have to wait forever for your food, but it's well worth it!!!!! We finished our breakfast off just in time to head over to Mia's first soccer game, which was comedy!!! She was so cute out there... I'm such a proud auntie!!



I think this part... getting the girls to all line up and shake hands,took longer than the game itself!!

Cannon finally made it off the playground and over to the field just in time for the after-game snacks. I guess she'll have to watch her big sis some other time! After the soccer game, Lil and I headed down to the waterfront to check out the dragon boat races! They just happened to have their last race the weekend she was in town, so she was able to see her old coach and some of her teammates from when she paddled with Zamboanga back in the day!!! It was a gorgeous day for it, too!!
Go Zambo!!!!
Gotta love shaved ice!!!Saturday evening we went to church and then met up with Sara for dinner and chit chat afterwards. (Sorry, I was a little slacking with the pics! If there wasn't a kid around... apparently, I didn't have my camera out! My bad.)
Sunday morning, we got up early and ran our Pints to Pasta 10K!!! I've been wanting to do this race for 3 yrs. now, so I was pretty excited to finally be doing it!!! And was even more excited that Lily was there doing it with me!!!! We stayed together for the first 3 miles, but then I had to break off. The run went really well... I didn't stop at all!!! I finished in 57:14... 68th out of 212 in my age division... 365th out of 1119 women overall... and 866th out of 1889 overall!!! Woo hoo!!! Again, we were blessed with a beautiful day, and after the race, we sat out on the grass and enjoyed pasta, salad and rolls courtesy of Spaghetti Factory. It was a great race!!!!!

WAY too early in the morning... but such is the life of a runner!
Well, that is... one that likes to get free t-shirts from as many races as possible!!!
After we rested our weary legs, we headed out to Vancouver to meet up with Ana and some other friends for a day on the boat!!! We went out on the Columbia River and found a nice sandy beach to chill at for the afternoon... it was AWESOME!!!!!
Sunday morning, we got up early and ran our Pints to Pasta 10K!!! I've been wanting to do this race for 3 yrs. now, so I was pretty excited to finally be doing it!!! And was even more excited that Lily was there doing it with me!!!! We stayed together for the first 3 miles, but then I had to break off. The run went really well... I didn't stop at all!!! I finished in 57:14... 68th out of 212 in my age division... 365th out of 1119 women overall... and 866th out of 1889 overall!!! Woo hoo!!! Again, we were blessed with a beautiful day, and after the race, we sat out on the grass and enjoyed pasta, salad and rolls courtesy of Spaghetti Factory. It was a great race!!!!!
Well, that is... one that likes to get free t-shirts from as many races as possible!!!
After we rested our weary legs, we headed out to Vancouver to meet up with Ana and some other friends for a day on the boat!!! We went out on the Columbia River and found a nice sandy beach to chill at for the afternoon... it was AWESOME!!!!!
Lexi, Me, Jayden & Lil
I love this girl!!
Lil & Ana
Awe... family love...
or is love the right word?
Andre won this battle!
Lexi finally warmed up to Lily towards the end of the afternoon!!
Jayden's masterpiece!






Don't let Lexi fool ya... she did NOT like the life jacket!!
See!?After the day on the river, Lily and I showered up and walked to my favorite restaurant... Screen Door... for some good 'ol southern cooking! Andee, her boyfriend Steve and his daughter Nichole met us there to hang out for a bit. After dinner, Lily and I decided we needed to try the Fried Twinkies and Fried Oreos down at Fire on the Mountain. They were pretty darn good... but considering how BAD they are for ya... I don't think I'll be ordering them again. Andee ended up coming with us, while Steve took Nichole home, and then he came back and joined us for a bit... just in time to get a bite of a fried oreo!! LOL!!! It was great seeing Andee again, it's been a full year since I've moved out... and this was the first time I'd seen her. Hopefully, we can get together again soon!
So that pretty much wrapps up the weekend! I went to work on Monday, while Lily slept in and then wandered around my neighborhood. I got off early and we grabbed some sushi in the Pearl, a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cone for the road, and then we were off to the airport! It wasn't that sad of a departure tho, considering Lily would be picking ME up from the airport in Utah in just a few, short days!!! LOL!!!
So that pretty much wrapps up the weekend! I went to work on Monday, while Lily slept in and then wandered around my neighborhood. I got off early and we grabbed some sushi in the Pearl, a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cone for the road, and then we were off to the airport! It wasn't that sad of a departure tho, considering Lily would be picking ME up from the airport in Utah in just a few, short days!!! LOL!!!


1 comment:
i'm still in awe of how much you can pack in to such a short amount of time. where do you get the energy?! whew!
Post a Comment