Friday, March 20, 2009

Kansas or bust! - Day 1 & 2


It's road trip time!!! Chris's adventure actually started around 5:30 am on Thursday morning as he drove the 4 hr. stretch from Port Angeles to Portland. When he got to town, we picked up the rental car, loaded up and were on the road by noon! We were both just excited to finally be on the road... together!!! That first stretch of I-84 in the Gorge is just gorgeous!! The plan was to drive straight through and arrive in Hays by Friday afternoon. We were on a mission! We did stop in Meridian, ID, though, to have dinner at my friends, Heather & Doug's house. They graciously hooked us up with SONIC and provided a nice bathroom to change into our PJ's for the long night ahead of us!! We stopped about every 300 miles to fill up and take a bathroom break, in addition to a very important 4:30 am pit stop at Little America, WY for 50 cent ice cream cones!! Nothing like a good road trip to jack up your nutrition habits. We also had Arby's Regular Roast Beef sandwiches for breakfast in Cheyenne, WY!! Mmm... delicious!!!! I drove a little bit (key word - "little")... but Chris was a stud and drove through the night and let me sleep!! I'd say he was an angel... but the fact that he took incriminating pictures of me sleeping, knocks him down a few notches!! LOL!!!

Quick stop at a view point somewhere in Oregon!

SEE?! Proof that I was behind the wheel at one point...
not for very long... but I DID drive!!!!

Our saints in Idaho! Heather, Jenna & Doug!!!! Thanks guys!!!

Checkin' in with Dad in Cheyenne, WY!!!
My turn to drive again... all the way to the KS border!!

YEAH!!!

It took us about 26 hrs. to roll in to good ole Hays, America! We got to the house to find Mom and Jordan anxiously awaiting our arrival. We had time to shower before Dad and Chris both rolled in after work... and it wasn't long before we were off to Taco Shop, and a mandatory stop for a snowball on the way home!!! The day I'd been waiting for for MONTHS was finally here!! Chris was getting to meet my family!!!! Let the fun times begin!!!!!

No comments: