Okay, so for those of you that keep up with my blog, you know I had a little "incident" with Rosie, Mia's pet rat, a couple of weeks ago. I don't particularly care for them, so it was a stressful experience for me! Well... apparently, the Lord is trying to teach me something.
Chris and I came back from camp on Monday, and dropped my bags off at his house while we went to his dad's bday lunch, and then napped on the couch all afternoon. At one point, I remembered that I had M'n'M's in my bag so I went to retrieve my yummy snack! I saw that they had spilled so I gathered them all up and walked to the kitchen to get a bowl. It's then that I noticed that they didn't fall out the opening, but the bag was sort of shredded on the bottom. I shrugged it off thinking it must have gotten stuck in the zipper or something when I closed my bag, and proceeded to munch on my M'n'M's. Later that evening, Chris and I decided to go on a walk, so I got into my bag and changed into some jeans and we headed off on our 2 hr. walk. We got back around 8pm and decided we should take my bags over to Tim & Stacy's, so I wouldn't have to lug them in after midnight. We dropped off the bags, grabbed some dinner and then headed back to his house for some movies.
I strolled into Tim & Stacy's around 1am and made my way down to my room in the dark, like I usually do. I stubbed my toe on something in the hallway, so I stepped into the room and turned the light on, and then turned back towards the hallway to check it out. As I did that, I heard something and turned around to see the strings for the blinds moving. Weird. All of a sudden, a little mouse darts along the ledge next to the bed, jumps down into the file cabinet, back out and then hides under the desk!! AGGH!! It's 1am... Tim & Stacy are above me... asleep. Jon is in the room next to me... asleep. And Chris is 6 blocks away. CRAP!!! Lord, seriously?!!
It's then that I have flashbacks to my shredded bag and I immediately freak out and text Chris that I have a mouse in my room and I'm terrified I brought it home with me from camp. He said he didn't think so, and told me to just go to sleep, and it wouldn't hurt me. Really? So of course, my reply was "HECK NO! There's NO way I'm sleeping in the room!!!" The mouse and I faced-off for quite awhile... he'd peak out from under the desk, and I'd make a slight move, to scare him back under the desk until I figured out what I was going to do. Well, we played this little game for about 10 minutes. But as time went on, he got a little braver and would sneak out a little farther, and I wasn't down for that. I finally got the nerve to grab my bathroom bag and shut him in the room... not that I expected him to stay there. I went straight to their basement living room and shut that door and layed down on the couch.... still in my jeans & sweatshirt, but I didn't dare try getting in my bag at that point.
About an hour later, I heard some commotion upstairs. I didn't hear any talking, so my first thought was that the house was getting broken into. Because wouldn't that just be perfect!?! I said a quick prayer, and convinced myself it was fine... and just as I dozed off, the door to the living room where I was sleeping burst open. Tim was standing there and we both jumped at the surprise of seeing the other one! He apologized and said he just needed to get his computer to see how late Safeway was open. He had just woke up to a little mouse licking his HAND!!!! Crap. I told him that was why I was sleeping on the couch... I saw a mouse in my room. He was thinking it might have made it home in one of their sleeping bags or something. I was hoping that was the case. We chatted for a bit and then he headed back upstairs. Around 4am, Tim opens my door back up and let me know he got it! He had made a trip to Safeway and bought some traps and set up 8 of them around the living room, where they had last seen it! Just as they were heading back to their room, they heard a *SNAP* and Tim had to finish off the job with a broom. Ugh. Which was good... but sucked at the same time. I fell back asleep yet again, and didn't wake up again until Jon came in around 8am, with a perplexed look as to why I was sleeping on the couch! Tim heard us chatting and came down to join in on the conversation of the night's escapades!!
I was convinced I brought the "visitor" home in my bag, so after getting up, I called Chris and asked him to do me a HUGE favor... to come over and go through my bag. He chuckled, but he came over without hesitation! I love him so much!!! He took out my clothes and cleaned out the mouse poop... therefore making it official. I was the sucker that brought it home. Dang it.
SO... not only did I feel absolutely HORRIBLE that I brought a disgusting mouse into Tim & Stacy's house... a mouse that made it up onto their bed and LICKED Tim's hand... and kept them BOTH up for several hours in the middle of the night, when they both had to be at work the next day. But I was also disgusted with the fact that it was chillin' in my bag for who knows how long. It was probably cuddled up in my Uggs, had licked the M'n'M's that Chris and I were munching on the day before, it crapped ALL over my bag and on my stuff... stuff I still had to put on and wear over the next 2 days!! That stupid thing was chillin' in my bag for atleast 8 hrs. at Chris's house with the bag WIDE open in the living room (granted, Gracie was there... but not during our 2 hr. walk!)... and it waited until I closed the bag and took it over to Tim & Stacy's to come out and play. It chewed a hole in my bag next to the zipper. It took me a week to work up the determination to clean that stupid bag. How do you sterilize something like that?? I don't even want it anymore.
And if that wasn't enough... I had this added guilt... the poor, but gross, little thing had to die. Back in the good 'ole days, he was happy, playing with his little friends, living at his lakeside home in the forest, and one day he thought he was lucky to find some chocolate... because who doesn't like chocolate! I can imagine his little heart was racing as this big human stuffed clothes and shoes all around him, drug him to the car, plopped him in the back of a truck for a bumpy ride, and then found himself in a strange surroundings. And now look at his fate. See what temptation can do to you?!
R.I.P. poor little mouse.
1 comment:
That is hilarious! I'm totally cracking up. Poor little guy. Btw, why do these sorts of things always happen in the middle of the night?
Post a Comment