Thursday, May 21, 2009

There's something about this ring...


that has turned me into an emotional wreck.

Seriously.

I've always been one to tear up at stuff... loss of a loved one (obviously), a good friend moving away (thanks Lil), a good movie, TV shows like Biggest Loser or Extreme Makeover... ya know, those kinds of things. :-) But it's gotten a little ridiculous lately. And don't get me wrong, they're usually tears of joy... but it's this new constant in my life, and it's driving me (and Chris) nuts!!!!! It seems like I'm extra sensitive these days and it doesn't take much to get the waterworks going.

The mind is a powerful thing! It can be something as simple as the lyrics to a song (they touch a little deeper nowadays) or watching Mia play soccer because I know my days are numbered to do so. I tear up when I'm feeling stressed. And tears are almost inevitable whenever my thoughts drifts to our wedding day, which is often...

Seeing Chris for the first time in my gown and him in his tux... tears.

My Dad walking me down the aisle... tears.

My Mom's face as I'm walking down the aisle... tears.

The mere idea of being surrounded by the people that mean the most to me... tears.

It happens when I start thinking about how God has truly blessed me and how my dreams have come true! I get to spend the rest of my life with the man that I've always dreamed about... the one God made JUST for ME! I'm blown away with how everything from our courtship to the smallest wedding details have been perfectly orchestrated by God. He has had His hand on us through it all. His timing has been perfect and He is working every last detail out!!! (The swine flu pandemic has nothing on MY God!!! LOL!!!)

But seriously, I'm so blessed. I've got a man that loves me for me. (Even without makeup!) He loves me through my mistakes and is patient & understanding, as much as you can be when dealing with women! He's open & honest, and not afraid to say he's sorry. He's a man of prayer and someone that I can trust with my whole heart to look out for my best interest, as well as our family's. Just last night I told Chris that I wanted to be in the habit of praying together each night before we go to bed, just like I've seen my folks do for the past 28 yrs. He said why wait, and prayed for us before we hung up for the night. Tears.

He's everything that I've wanted, everything I've dreamed about, and everything I've prayed for and more.

Hmm... what's that on my cheek. Oh, a tear... go figure.

So I'm serious. There's something about this ring. I'm telling ya... the tears started falling as soon as he put it on my finger back on March 24th, and they haven't stopped since. I know I'm going to be such a mess on our wedding day... but hopefully, I will return to normal (whatever that may be) when our feet hit the sandy beaches of Mexico!! :-)

Life is good!

7 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

LOL - don't count on it! (Returning to normal, that is.) I also became a tearful person about the time that ring landed on my finger. I never was before. I kind of thought it was because my mom was getting sick then, but the more I think about it, it might have had more to do with falling in love and not having to be the strong one all the time anymore. And yes, your post brought tears to my eyes, too! :P

liliuokalani said...

oh kansas i luv how you write, its so honest. God truly is so amazing, luving us thru our fears and faults and insecurities, blessing you with someone here to do the same. its good stuff my friend, and im not gonna lie, tears have been coming a little more often for me these days. and yeah my instincts are to fight em back, but wth, when God moves, i say bring on the tears! luv ya my friend!! ;)

April said...

I am so happy for you! No one deserves it more than you!! Enjoy every second!

Jackie said...

sweet.

Stephanie Timken said...

Now you're making me tear up! I am so happy for you! God is soooo good! Isn't He?

Mardy said...

Stace, I can't wait to hear how God orchestrates your summer and the wedding. . . but more importantly, I look forward to seeing God work in your marriage.

Unknown said...

Wait until you're pregnant (in the FAR future! hehe!) Do you remember me crying at the fat camp movie? And soup commercials? It only gets worse, Chris!