Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hotlanta...

was flippin' cold! LOL! I recently went to Atlanta, GA for 6 days, courtesy of Dr. Martens, to work a shoe show. Minus the cold weather, and the battle with my nose and sinuses... it was a fabulous trip!! :-) I traveled with 2 co-workers from P-town and then a salesman from Atlanta worked the show with us, as well. I enjoy being at the shows and meeting my accounts... so for me, it was a fun little get-away! Amy and I got in on Thursday evening and headed to a cool little mexican restaurant. Then Friday, Chris flew in and after setting up, we headed down to Buckhead to the ESPN Zone. I love that place!! Kettely took me there when I visited her about 5-6 yrs. ago!!! TV's everywhere... with sports on every single one of them!! They even had individual monitors in EVERY stall in the bathroom, so you wouldn't miss a beat.... it was crazy!!! It was the NBA All-Star weekend, so we chilled there for quite awhile and watched the Rookie v. Sophomore Challenge... good times!!

ESPN Zone... a.k.a. heaven?! :-)

We got back to the hotel around 1opm and I headed right back out! My friend from Portland, Nina was doing her PA rotation in South Carolina, and her and her boyfriend just happened to be coming to ATL the same weekend I was there... so they came and picked me up and we went out for dessert and chatted for a bit. It was SO cool getting to see her and Habib... and see them actually interact as a couple... and not just chasing kids around and passing out tokens at Chuck E. Cheez!! :-)

Nina & I

Habib & Nina

Saturday night after the show we headed out with some friends from another company and had some fru-fru Mexican food... like lobster enchiladas... it was all delicious! Then we headed down the street to an Irish Pub to check out a local band. It was a lot of fun and the company was quite entertaining!


Meanwhile, back at the office... I came back to reality on Wednesday morning and as I rounded the corner, said my hello's, this is what I found... an empty cube. Where once my cubie layed... was now a blank canvas with nothing in it. "What the..." I quickly scan to my left to see all my stuff, in the EXACT same place... just one cube over. I was cracking up!!! Welcome to my world.



They did a great job!! They put everything back in it's correct spot... and as you can see... I have a LOT of crap!! I'm slowly but surely getting everything back to my original spot. It's been about a year since we've pulled anything... so I guess it was due time! Last year we super-glued EVERYTHING down on Tari's desk... she still has stuff glued down to this day! And then before that, we wrapped one of our c0-worker's entire office with aluminum foil. We left nothing untouched. His lamp, Kleenex box, pencils, folders... EVERYTHING!

If any of you watch The Office on NBC... which we are all obsessed with... you'll kinda understand where we're coming from. Just yesterday, one of our co-workers left his cell phone on his desk when he left for lunch. Which, we've learned NOT to do because of HIM... so we took advantage and hid his phone above the lights over his cubicle. Then called him when he got back... he was searching in the show room, around his desk... it took about 3 calls before he figured out it was above him. Then he couldn't get it back down... he ended up pushing it farther, which warranted another phone call!! He finally got it down... but by that time we were all crying on the other end of the floor from laughter!! The fun times never end here at DM!!

1 comment:

Amiyah's Mom said...

LOVE THE PICS! Can you e-mail them to me???