6/5/08: Another year down... it's crazy to think that I've been involved with this program for 8 yrs. now! There has been so many great kids come thru this program in past 8 yrs. Some were with us for several years, others just a few weeks... but I pray that the seeds that have been planted, take root... and the lessons that have been taught, will be applied... and that someday, God will reap His harvest with these beautiful young people!!!
This year we had 1st Infantry as our special guest... they're a local rap group, and the guys used to be in the program a long time ago, and still help out with the summer day camp. So the kids know them and love them... and they even got up and did a song with them. It was awesome!!! The kids also performed a song for us (the tutors)... which brought tears to my eyes. I was just SO proud of them and I flippin' love those knuckleheads so incredibly much!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment