
After years of hearing about Camp David from Ana and Jayden... I finally made the trip and experienced it for myself! And it was AWESOME!!! I've already invited myself back for next year!! LOL!! We had gorgeous, sunny weather the entire weekend, which is not the norm apparently. We had great food, although, NONE of it was on my diet... including the rhubarb desserts that I downed daily after lunch AND dinner!! After breakfast, we broke into groups (the same groups we had kitchen duty with) and did devotionals, and then had free time until lunch. After lunch were various activities... ultimate frisbee, canoe races, etc.... or just free time to do whatever. Since it was nice out, we spent most of our time down on the docks, working on our tans and watching all the crazy kids and guys jump in the FREEZING water!!! In the evening, we had dinner and and more organized activities, such as a huge relay race all through camp with our groups (which my group WON!) or the talent show and awards... and then we ended each night with songs by the campfire (except the one I ditched to go on a trail run!) and then games in the lodge. It was a GREAT weekend!!! I fell in love with the people of First Baptist Church... and come to find out that their pastor lived in KS for awhile, and another guy told me that both of his grandparents retired from the Timken factory in Ohio!! Yet one more example of how small this world really is!!! I can't wait for next year!!!!
Miss Alexis Grace
My team working on our flag!

Alexis, Ana & her dad
Chris giving Mark 30 bday punches!
Ana's bro Jon & Jayden
The girls... Alex, Jayden, Sara and Rachael... unfortunately, I cut out the cute lifeguard, Brandon, that they were stalking all weekend! HA!

I managed to miss the last step on my way to kitchen duty...all because I was admiring God's beautiful creation... and that's the thanks I got.



They were singing and dancing to Alexis's favorite song... too funny!Those were all my pics... so here are some other campers pics from the weekend. Props to Ana, her dad, Judy and Kim!!! Thank you!!!!!


































































































2 comments:
ah family camp...how fun. it's been forever since i've been to family camp. how fun! it was so beautiful there. almost as good as Horn Creek...almost. i wish we could all go back there together sometime.
sorry about your fall. at least you have a good excuse for yours :)
Oh my..that little Alexis is one of the cutest kiddos I've ever seen! My fave is the one of her passed out on the deck! Too cute!
Post a Comment