Thursday, June 19, 2008

Making a difference...

sometimes I have to wonder if my efforts are making any impact at all. Looking over the past 8 yrs. it seems like I have struggled with having the right heart, the right motives, having to overcome pride, and deal with heartbreak just as much as I have received true joy and blessings from dealing with these kids!

But God's great at giving me little winks... as if He's telling me "good job" or "keep pressing on". I made Ania a scrap book of her past 4-5 years in Literacy Club. I'm a perfectionist and I put a lot of hours into making it, but it's one of those things, you don't really know how much they're going to appreciate it. Especially with Ania... she can be so quiet, it's hard to read her sometimes. Well, when I showed up at her school for her promotion ceremony, I found her afterwards to give her a hug and let her know I was there. As we were there talking, her teacher came up to me and told me how much she loved the scrapbook I made her. Huh?! I was kinda caught off guard... but so flattered that Ania thought enough of the gift, to actually bring it to school and show her teacher.

Maybe I am making a little dent in some of these kids' lives!! I'm not out to "save" anyone... that's God's job. But I feel that my purpose to is be the hands and feet of Jesus... to pour out His love to these kids. To be His tangible touch. To build relationships that go beyond Thursday nights.

Lord, keep this passion inside of me burning!! Continue to teach me, stretch me and use me to make a difference in these kids' lives!!!

No comments: