
So I was walking up the sidewalk to my apt. and I hear a guy's voice shout out "Did you go to FHSU?". I turn around to see my neighbors walking behind me. I say yeah, and he said one of his buddies went to Fort Hays and has the same sticker. I didn't recognize the name, but still... how crazy is that?!
It's especially crazy since just a month or so earlier, I was getting some bags out of my trunk at my apt. and a voice comes from over the fence asking if my car had an FHSU sticker on the side. Um, yeah. He asked if I went there, I said yes... and to my surprise, so did he!! No frickin' way!!! We chatted for a bit, but he had to get back to work (he's the sous chef at the italian restaurant next door), but he invited me to come over after his shift and we chatted some more over a few beers on the patio. He actually started school at FHSU 2 yrs. after I graduated, but he was in the TKE house, so we knew some of the same people. Which I thought was particularly funny, b/c I noticed a car parked on the street a few weeks earlier with a TKE sticker, but never dreamed it was someone from FHSU!!!
The world just keeps getting smaller!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment