Ok... so this is a little exerpt from my new favorite song!!! It's called "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath. It's from his new CD that I believe is coming out in August. Just thought I'd share and give ya something to chew on...
All those people... going somewhere...
why have I never cared...
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
I seem to mouth this prayer quite often... asking that God will help me see His people thru His eyes. But the question is... when He gives me the opportunity to be His hands and feet and to actually demonstrate His love in a tangible way... how often am I being obedient?
If God filled out report cards... I wonder what mine would look like? I probably score high when I'm in a good mood. And I'd like to think I'm getting a thumbs up for my ministries with all my kiddos. But then there's that annoying customer that always calls in and takes 25 minutes to order 3 shoes... and that person that grates on my very last nerve... and the bikers that drive in front of me, forcing me to go 5 mph?? The list goes on...
Hmm.... I've got some work to do.
3 comments:
stace, you have such a good heart and you are allowing God to use you in so many ways (even with these blog posts)! He DOES NOT keep report cards! He sees your heart. He knows it better than you do. and in HIS eyes you are HOLY and BLAMELESS! don't knitpick yourself b/c He is not! that song is powerful and a good thought to aspire to but you also need to see yourself through His eyes. He is not looking at you and pointing His finger at your mistakes--He gazes upon you with His arms wide open.
Thanks Jak!!! I hear ya, and I know He doesn't hold anything against me... but I also want to make him proud and hear "well done, good and faithful servant". I don't ever want to be complacent or slack off by just doing whatever ministry is convenient for me... instead of thinking of the kingdom 24-7. My love overflows for kids... but sometimes adults just drive me nuts!!! Those are the ones that I need God's eyes for!!! LOL!!!
I just heard that song for the first time yesterday. I'd flunk on my report card, btw...
Post a Comment