Sunday, July 13, 2008

Off to the coast...

After picking a few happy faces from the bush in front of my apartment (little does he know it's just one of my neighbors being artistic as they smoke!) we headed off for the Oregon coast. We stopped in Lincoln City for a quick bite at DQ and then continued down to Newport to visit the Oregon Coast Aquarium! It was probably the biggest hit of the week for Jordan!! He was SO excited at every corner!! Altho, getting him to sit still long enough to actually enjoy it was tricky... there was just too many cool things to see!!! He even got to touch a shark and sting ray... they were itty-bitty ones of course... but real ones nonetheless!!

We found Dori in this one!

They have this cool tank where you can crawl under it and stand up in the middle! Very cool!

This little fella would come straight up to where Jordan was sitting
and then do a back flip and swim away...
he did it a couple of times! It was so cute!!!


This was hilarious... he got SO excited... and it was just a fountain outside of the exhibit!
We hadn't even walked thru the door yet to the shark exhibit!!
He was on excitement overload!!!



I just wanted 1 cute picture...

is that too much to ask...

when dealing with a 3 yr. old...

apparently it IS too much to ask! Punk.


Notice how Mom and I are totally holding him down! LOL!!

They were above us... below us... all around! It was awesome!

Apparently, I was a little worn out by the end of the day!! LOL!! After the aquarium, we went to the historic downtown in Newport to try and see some sea lions, but there weren't any chilling under the pier. We saw some out in the water, but they were too hard for Jordan to see.

I asked Dad to take our picture with the bridge in the background... as you can see from the above picture... he kinda cut the whole thing out... and was close to cutting Jordan out, too! But he did much better on the 2nd one... nice work, Dad!


We left Newport and headed back to Lincoln City to walk the COLD beach and eat at Mo's. Mom and Dad don't really care for seafood... but they humored me! I can't go to the coast without eating there! It just wouldn't be right!

No seagull was safe from Baby J! Luckily they're faster than him!

We ended our day at the hotel with a quick dip in the pool and hot tub! It worked out rather nicely, because I was able to get in a few laps in preparation for my triathlon the following weekend!!! I even got up the next morning at 7am and swam for 30 minutes, rode the stationary bike for 30 min and then ran for 2 mi... I have to admit, I shocked myself!!!!

No comments: