
... running IS fun!! This past Sunday I successfully completed my 2nd 10K (6.2 mi)! When I started the year out, I made the goal to get as many race t-shirts as possible! I figured Pints to Pasta (which has been a goal of mine for the past couple of years) would be my final race for the year, but when I saw the logo for the Run Like Hell race... I had to have the shirt!!
I probably would have wimped out and picked the 5K (3.1 mi) but it didn't start until 8:45, and I wouldn't have had time to shower and get to church on time... so the 10K won out! I'm not going to lie, I wasn't looking forward to leaving the house at 7am, for a 7:30am start... especially with it being so cold! And it was definitely cold, but God blessed us with NO rain so it was all good!! I didn't feel as ready for this one either. My last 10K was with Lily, so she helped pace me for the first 1/2 and I broke off at mile 3, so I was a little worried about running too fast and not being able to make it. BUT... all was good!! Even with the sucky incline at the end of the 6 miles... I didn't stop and pulled in a better time than a month ago!! I came in at 55:51, which was almost 90 sec quicker than Pints to Pasta!!! YEAH!!!! My pace was 8:59 and here was my standings...
Place overall... 279 / 753
Age division... 33 / 111
Sex overall... 120 / 486
Age division... 33 / 111
Sex overall... 120 / 486
I was VERY happy!!! Of course, it would have been nice to have someone to run with, and enjoy the after party with... but I still had fun!! Lily and Masina were running a 1/2 marathon in Moab the same day... so we had each other there in spirit!! LOL!!! They both ran faster times than their previous race, too... so it was a good day!!!
So it looks like my running season won't end until the calendar says 2009! And then it will just start all over again!! LOL!! It's even possible that the 2009 season will begin before the Shamrock Run, but we'll have to see! I've already got a flyer in the mail for the Jingle Bell run in December... because really, what could be more fun than a thousand people running thru town with bells on their shoes?! :-) I thought this was going to be a cheap hobby... you need shoes, and they can be expensive, but really... your body is the equipment! HOWEVER, when you make the goal to collect t-shirts, which means running races, which means registration fees... I've already spent well over $200 on just the races!!! Not to mention a couple pairs of shoes, that I seem to wear thru quickly. Hmm... maybe it's not as cheap as I thought. But it's still fun!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
CONGRATS my friend! And SWEET times! Wow it was almost forever ago when I tried to convince you that "Running IS Fun!" HAHA!
Oh, did I tell you Masina and I ran as Moab Half Bandits?! That's right, another race that 'sold out' before I could register. And yes, I graciously accepted my pretty medal. So did Masina. Hey, it happens?! Don't judge me!! ;) HAHAHA
Post a Comment