Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vail, CO... my new favorite!


So Chris and I opted for the Rockies on the way home! I was nervous about the weather (surprise, surprise!) but I trusted Chris and his driving, and his dad hooked us up weather reports the whole way, so the Rockies it was!! And it was beautiful, I'm very glad we went that way!!! We did hit some snow, but the roads were pretty clear the whole way. We stopped in Vail to use the restroom and Chris spotted this little park and wanted to get out and walk around. It was a gorgeous little spot, so he asked if I wanted to take a pic with the mountains in the background. Heck ya! So he braved the snow in his sandals and found a spot to set up the camera...

Oops!

After we took this one, Chris went back to look at it and said we should take another one. So he set the timer again and rushed back over to me...

... except this time he grabbed my hand, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!! I was so happy, excited and shocked all at the same time!! And the best part is, we got a picture of it to capture the moment forever!!! I said YES, of course, and he told me to put the ring on... and I said "no, you put it on"!! :-) It was BEAUTIFUL!!! And exactly what I wanted!!! Chris and Ana are pretty sneaky!!!

I had assumed he would talk to my dad while we were in KS, but I had no idea he had the ring already and would propose so soon!! I was SO excited, and the tears immediately started rolling down my face!!! Shoot... the tears were still falling for a good 30 minutes after we got back in the car!!! LOL!!! We made a few calls to our immediate family members... but we mainly wanted to just bask in the moment ourselves. Who would have thought that coming home from vacation would be the best part!!! :-)

4 comments:

April said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO excited for you!!! Now when is it? :o)

♥Carolynn said...

Woohoo I still can't get over how perfect that picture is!! Congrats again=)

Mardy said...

Stace,
Congratulations! What an awesome proposal story--and the picture is perfect. I'm so happy for you and I look forward to getting my invitation in the mail! :)

sarah said...

I am so in love w/that picture! Big ups to Chris for being so creative! Lol CONGRATULATIONS to the two of you! Chris is a lucky guy!