I love what I do!
After taking a break from teaching children's church last year, I eased myself back in by teaching every other month! I have a wonderful class of kindergarteners and even though they can get a little crazy, they are so much fun!! March is my month, so on Sunday morning, I was standing at the classroom door as parents were signing in their kids. Now... I know I'm not supposed to have favorites, but sometimes you just can't help it! I see my girl Destiny at the door and I greet her with a smile and she said "I knew you were going to be here today!". She's a smart little girl, so I just assumed she knew b/c it was a new month! But when I asked her how she knew, she replied, "I prayed." Needless to say, my heart melted!!
It's things like this that make it all worthwhile!! God is so amazing! He takes care of me in so many ways, it's unbelievable!! Sunday morning, I was a little stressed b/c as I had gotten ready to prepare my lesson Saturday evening, and I realized my lesson book had expired and I didn't have the correct lesson!! So I went in a little early to grab the new book and attempt to read thru it a little before church! I ran into my friend Chantelle after service, and she ended up volunteering to stay for 2nd service and help out in my classroom!! And she even hooked me up with Starbucks!! I had prayed for help and God definitely provided!! We ended up having 16 kids, when technically we should have only had 10 (5 per adult) but I can't turn kids away!! Class went smoothly, God gave me the creativity to keep their attention, the kids were great... it was an awesome day!!
When I teach, Sundays are LONG days!! Church starts at 7:45am and I'm there until 2pm. But I just pray that these kids are being blessed half as much as I'm being blessed by being their teacher!!
1 comment:
So Happy you do teach...Amiyah is so happy when you do :)
Post a Comment