The first shop we walk in to Violet starts looking at purses and a lady comes up and asks "Coach, Louis?" My eyes light up and off we went!! She pushed a hidden button, to make the secret door open to the back room with all their regular inventory... from there we headed down a flight of stairs and several more secret doors (all about 4ft. high) and there it was... the motherload! The 3 of us crammed into a room a little bigger than a shower and it was filled with Coach, Louis Vuitton, Chanel... you name it, they had it... and we bought it! I have no shame... I will never pay $700 for a real one, so I might as well rock the fake one!! Now Coach is a different story... I will lay down the big $$ for real ones, so I didn' t bother with those... can't be mixin' up the collection!!
Just a cool shot of one of the side streets from Canal St. (check out Empire State Building at the end!)After that little experience, we kept shopping, found me a nice rhinestone "K" belt buckle, for my nickname Kansas and we headed up Broadway! This was one of the streets I ventured up with Joe and Tim back in 2003 when I traveled there for Dr. Martens, so I knew I had quite a few accounts on this street and Violet humored me as we stopped in quite a few of them to check them out! Not much had changed, and it was nice to see the DM presence was still there!! We made our way thru Soho, grabbed some lunch, walked thru the NYU campus and made our way back to the subway station to head towards Central Park & Trump Tower to see if we could run into Mr. Trump himself!
Now here we are, 2 intelligent individuals with college degrees, knowing full-well, we needed to get off at 59th St. So why did we just sit there as the doors were open at the 59th St. stop, discussing with no sense of urgency whether or not we should get off, and then just decide we'll get off at the next stop. It wasn't until AFTER the doors closed that the nice lady to my left said we were on the express train and the next stop was 125th St. (which I later found out from Aaron, was Harlem). 60+ blocks too far... whoops!!! So we got off, and got right back on a train going the other direction. We eventually made it back to 59th St., did some window-shopping, took pics at Trump Tower and Central Park to prove we were there and then headed back to the hotel to grab our luggage and wait for our shuttle to the airport.


Central Park
Times Square in the daytime
Paramount Building
Bye, Bye Manhattan!
One of the MANY cemetaries in Queens
Go Mets!
If you watch "King of Queens"... they have a shot of Doug and Kari in this park at the beginning of the show!!Our trip was officially over (sigh). Bummer. Violet passed out almost as soon as she sat down in the van, but my eyes were soaking it in for as long as possible!! We did SO much... yet there is so much more to experience!!! I had a fabulous time not only being in NYC, but also spending time with Violet, just like old times!! I will be forever thankful that she brought me along for the adventure!!
Well, there's no doubt about it... I'm a city girl, and there's no turning back! So much to do and see... and now Portland seems so small!! I still love Portland tho, with all its trees, mountains, rivers and the ocean near by... but NYC just has a different kind of breath-taking beauty!! The enormous buildings, bright lights, all the sounds of a city, millions of people going here and there... I love it!! I think my favorite thing about NYC has to be all the different people... everywhere you look there's different colors, languages, cultures... you could walk 1 city block and hear 4-5 different languages being spoken!! It's awesome!!
I truly *heart* NY!

1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great time! Your pics are great and it makes me want to take a trip! Hope all is well. Take Care!
Jessica
Post a Comment