Sunday, October 15, 2006

GO DUCKS!!

My favorite season is FOOTBALL season!! So when I got the call from Violet and Justin wanting to know if I'd be interested in going to a Ducks game... I said HECK YA!! I haven't been to a D1 game since the K-State game I went to in high school... and that was before I truly fell in love with the sport!! So price didn't matter... weather didn't matter... I was going!!! And when the day finally came, it couldn't have gotten any better... the sun was shining, crazy fans were everywhere dressed up in their yellow & green, and the smell of football was in the air... (i know, i know... dramatic... but you just don't understand how excited I was!!)

We scored tix thru Justin's boss Eva, who is a UCLA alum, which meant we also had access to the UCLA tailgate party... we had to hide our yellow & green, but the food and drinks were tasty!! Violet was originally supposed to go with us, but at the last minute she ended up driving to KS so Steph took her ticket and it all worked out nicely!!

Talent!

Autzen Stadium is amazing!! There were over 58,000 people in attendance... which is almost 3x the size of my hometown!! The fans have a thing where they put their hands together in the shape of an "O" and yell "O" every time the opponent has the ball. The first time that happened, Justin and I looked at each other in amazement of how LOUD it was!! Then immediately put our hands up and joined in the fun!! (Completely, ignoring the fact that we were in the UCLA section!)

"Puddles" the mascot!

What is that I see...

TOUCHDOWN BABY!!!

The Ducks kicked some Bruin's butt that afternoon... and needless to say, I was one happy camper!!

2 comments:

SUPER said...

Girl you always have something exciting going on...I need to visit your world!

liliuokalani said...

go ducks!!

girl remember the ducks gift i bought my friends baby?? yeah, it's still in the bag... at my house!! man i suck!

Go Ducks!!