Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Lexi & I and my yummy Pazookie!

Mia, Cannon and I @ Applebee's... it's just like being at home! LOL!

Why yes, I AM carrying a stuffed owl, named Hootie, in a basket on a pink hanger.

Mia thought it would be a great idea to stand on top and wave at all the people going by... like princesses.
Because who wouldn't think that was an excellent idea?

Me & my girls! Wasn't that nice of Mia to cover my rolls?
She's always thinking! :-)


So I wasn't exactly looking forward to turning 31. Turning 30 was okay... I celebrated enough during the 7 mos. leading up to my actual birthday, that when the actual date came... it was no big deal! But there's just something about 31... and actually being IN your 30's that just didn't sound appealing. BUT... the day came and went... and it was a pretty good one, so I survived! :-)

I originally had the day off b/c Ana and I were going to head to Bend for our triathlon, but we decided to leave on Saturday, so I ended up going to work and Ana, Alexis and Chris (Ana's bro) met up with me for lunch to help me celebrate! And then Violet and the girls took me out for dinner... so it was a great day! I guess 31 isn't that bad after all!

4 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

Happy Birthday (a little late)! 31 really isn't that bad - I actually have to subtract 1976 from whatever year it is now whenever someone asks me how old I am because I forget... clearly I'm getting old if I can't remember my age anymore! Or perhaps it's just not that bad. Yep, the latter. Btw, the owl in the basket totally cracked me up!

Stephanie Timken said...

I am so sorry we forgot your birthday. Hope it was a good one!

Jackie said...

oh my goodness...i cannot believe it. i didn't, did i? i did! i forgot your birthday. how utterly wretched of me. i am sorry! i thought of it earlier in the month...i guess it just got away from me. dang it.

well, i am glad you had a nice birthday and even though you didn't have 7 mos of celebrating you DID get to stand under a flag pole and wave to your adoring public. that makes for a memorable beginning to 31.

liliuokalani said...

luvin' your "in my 30's" insight- SO true, but it becomes okay real quick. welcome to the dirty 30s my friend ;) lmao!