Everyone's feeling the strain of rising gas prices and altho I'm still doing okay financially, I'm getting a little more stingy about my adventures outside of my little neighborhood. I'm finding myself NOT wanting to go to Target b/c of how far away it is, and I've stopped the trips to the mall just b/c I'm bored, and I'm consolidating my errands as much as possible! Nothing wrong with that, BUT...
I'm also noticing how it effects my willingness to hang out with my girls!!! Last week was Ania's last week in Ptown (she moved to ATL on 6/17), so of course, I made the drive all the way to N. Portland to take her out to eat on Monday and hang out one more time. I also drove over there AGAIN on Tuesday to go to her 6th promotion ceremony at school. So when Alex called over the weekend and wanted to hang out, which means 2 more trips back to N. Portland... I didn't have the most willing attitude. I use money as an excuse... high gas prices, not to mention the money I'll be spending on food and movies, or whatever we decide to do, yet I had no issues booking a trip to LA over the 4th... or doing the triathlon over my bday weekend.
So I'm currently battling my selfish attitude. And really, I know it's stupid b/c God has NEVER let me down. He's always been faithful to provide what I need in order to pay bills, put food on my table, etc. So I know He's in control... and I also know that my friendships with these kids are a God-thing. So if I'm doing His will by hanging out with them, I know He will provide. And here's proof...
In the last 7 days... it's crazy how much He has blessed in regards to money!!! When Ania and I went out to eat, I ordered the Balsamic chicken... well, the manager brings it out and says they had some issues with their balsamic ving. and so she took it off the bill!! Sweet!! And the food still tasted great, even without the dressing!! Then... I randomly got 2 gift cards in the mail for 2 local restaurants... each with a $15 value. Sweet again!!! THEN, last Friday Malinda and I went to Sara's bday party and she gave us a $25 gift card to Baja Fresh b/c she doesn't work by one anymore, so Tuesday, we ordered our lunch and went to pick it up after our run. We had to wait awhile, but whatever... it's not like we were paying for it. But, one of the managers came over and gave us each a free entree card for our wait. Seriously, Lord?
It's raining down manna... 2008-style!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!
2 comments:
That is crazy awesome. I love how he just throws stuff like that back in our faces sometimes.
Love the new blog look!
me too. gorgeous picture! i just re-did my blog too.
and God does provide in the coolest ways. i love that..."manna, 2008 style". perfect.
Post a Comment