Yesterday in our cell group for children's church, we were discussing the lesson about Jacob & Esau and how Jacob was always scheming. He was kind of a jerk... always manipulating his brother, stealing away his inheritance and birthright. Yet God chose him, and wanted to use him for His purposes... in spite of his mistakes.
I feel like I can relate. I look over my past and think about all the bad choices I've made, and I can't help but notice how His mercy has spared me from enduring some huge consequences. I've seen some of my friends make some of the same mistakes I have, yet their consequences and therefore their lives ended up totally different. I'm not saying God loves me more... it's just crazy to think about how my life could be so different. But by the grace of God and His wonderful mercy, He has protected me. Like Jacob, He had a plan for my life... and He was going to make sure it came to fruition, in spite of my own stupidity. I just pray that I'm doing Him proud, and not skimping out on anything I should be doing... and that I'm being a good steward of the life He has allowed me to have.
Honestly, I feel so blessed. Not only because of His mercy... but because there's not a doubt in my mind about what God's purpose for my life is. So many people go through life trying to figure it out. But He has given me such a passion for His kids, it's sometimes surreal. He has been so faithful, renewing my passion when I start to burn out, filling me with overflowing love, patience and energy, as well as sustaining me with peace and comfort through some difficult times. I've taken some breaks here and there, but quitting has never been an option. This is what I'm supposed to be doing. It's a part of me.
I do admit, tho, I have felt over the past year or so that change might be in the air, like I'm in transition... and He's preparing me for something a little different, although I'm still confident that it will be working with kids. But I guess we'll all have to wait and see!! LOL!!! Until He actually moves me... I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and love every minute of it!
1 comment:
my thoughts exactly! ;)
Post a Comment