Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dragon boat races...

I have to say... it was still fun, but it's just not the same without Lil and good 'ol Zamboanga! Thanks to Lily, I've spent a lot of time along many bodies of water cheering "Go Zambo" at the top of my lungs. However, this year, not only was Lily missing, but her old team Zambo didn't participate because of expenses. Luckily for me, many of the paddlers split up and paddled with other teams, so I was still able to hook up with old friends and cheer them on. Kate, Ben and Dave all paddled with Adidas, so Vickie, Leilani and I met up and crashed at their tent to hang out with Kate for awhile. And come to find out... Kate actually shared the bench with Jamie, an old friend from Dr. Martens, who now works at Adidas! Small world!

Kate & I

Erin & Kate

Ben & Brett

Leilani

Vickie & Leilani

Kai Ikaika... taking 1st, of course...

Kai Ikaika... waiting for eternity for the other boats to cross!
(Lil: it's like Where's Waldo... except it's Where's Erin & Brett!)

Adidas on the left

I somehow missed taking a shot of their finish... oops... GO ADIDAS!!


I also met up with Violet, Justin and the girls along with Stephanie and Jamie Williams (visiting from KS). Violet, Steph and I all met each other through work back in Hays, and Jamie was the owner's daughter. She came out to spend some time with Steph and we all hooked up for lunch Saturday afternoon. Fun times! But as you can notice from the pics... even when I hang out with adults... my focus is still on the kids!! I just can't help it... I love these girls!! :-)

Cannon... such a big girl, lovin' Coach purses already!
Me & Cannon

Cannon & Mia

Cannon helping Mommy cool off at the races

Me & Mia

1 comment:

SUPER said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Too bad we don't have any water around these parts! ha