Thursday, June 08, 2006

Graduation time!!

Another fun, challenging, successful year of the 1-on-1 program (formerly known as Literacy Club) has come to an end. I can't believe I've been doing this for 6 yrs!! We had our graduation ceremony on Thursday with the kids and their families. We have dinner, sing a few of our favorite worship songs, Omar explains a little about what we do and tests the kids on some of the lessons over the past year. This year we even had a video of pics that I've taken throughout the year, set to music... it was awesome!! I, of course, got all emotional and started getting teary-eyed, but what's new, right? After the program, we had cake and then sent them all home with a sugar high for the parent to deal with!! As always, it was a great night!! It will be interesting to see how next year unfolds, because the 2 elementary schools that we pull kids from are closing and they're building a brand new school in the Villa, so the program might be changing a bit! We'll see what God has in store!! Here's some pics from the night...

Libon & James

Chantu & Elema

Dinner time... Shandeigh & her fam

Stephen & his fam

Let the program begin...

Praise & Worship
Getting down for Jesus

Ania and I

Monica, Husani, Ania & I (Ania's fam)

James & Libon

Matrix? This is why we give them sugar at the END of the night!

Jada, Jordan & Stephanie

Ania & I

Kiara... pulling off her "sweet" face

Kylie & I (just graduated... she's been in the program longer than me!)

Ronnie... chillin' in my car, sportin' my shades

No comments: