Boy is that ever true! A little over 6 yrs. ago I moved out to Portland, OR... saying goodbye to my family and escaping the confines of Hays, KS and running from the life I was currently walking. But before I did... I bought a car from my daddy! I needed something new, pretty and shiny that wouldn't break down on me considering my dad was 2000 miles away, and wouldn't be able to fix it for me! So, just like any major purchase, I had my list of non-negotiables... it had to have a sunroof, CD player, and be comfy as I recline, I mean drive. I had it narrowed down between 2 Oldsmobiles, the Alero and the Intrigue. The Alero was a 2-door, very sporty and super cute... but not as comfortable. The Intrigue was a 4-door. Now in my mind, here I am 22... I'll probably find Mr. Right out there in Oregon, settle down & get married and eventually have a family that I will need to tow around in my car. So, there was my answer... the 4-door Intrigue it was!
Well, here it is 2006. I'm 28. I'm settled, but no where near having a husband and kids! Not even close to having a potential boyfriend... but here I am with a 4-door family car! Don't get me wrong, I love my car! But as God and I were chattin' the other day... I was laughing at how the deciding factor for ME choosing my car hasn't come true in the sense that I had imagined and hoped for... but God is faithful and made it happen in His own way. In the past 6 yrs. in Portland, I've transported SO many kids all around this place that has become home. And not only has my car survived tons of kids... it's survived the carseats, cheerios, spilled ice cream, stickers galore and muddy soccer shoes and softball bags, just to name a few. How many of you currently have a finger-crocheted chain of yarn or a Valentine's craft project in your backseat? The purpose of my car has come to fruition... whether the kids were my flesh and blood or not!
God's ways aren't necessarily my ways... but His ways have brought me so much joy in the past 6 yrs. He definitely has a purpose for my life, and I just pray that I can continue to walk it out and make Him proud. Sure, I still have dreams of carrying my own children around in my car... and maybe it will happen someday. But then again, maybe it won't. Regardless, I'm trusting God with what lies ahead. He's blessed me with so much... who am I to complain?
And because a post wouldn't be a post if there weren't pics... here's some of my passengers over the years. I introduce to you, my kids...
Kylie & Alex (2000)
Alex & Dina (2001)
Numerous cats from Literacy Club (2002)
Jayden
Ania
Miss Amiyah
Alex & Antonio (she's grown up, eh?!)
Mia QuinnDang, I love my kids!!!
1 comment:
well said stacie!
Post a Comment